I dare say that miracles don’t only come in grand facades. It can also come in small, unexpected forms.
To some people, miracles equals “the big stuff” – a parting ocean…a trembling mountain…a strong, strong wind.
But I believe miracles are also in simple daily living…
* Waking up in the morning, breathing well
* Smelling the fresh baked bread when passing by a bakery
* Listening to my nephew’s gibberish talk and giggles
* Thinking of this one person and suddenly they text me
* Going back to sleep 5 seconds after I woke up in the middle of the night
* Smiling sincerely on a bad day
* Laughing outloud after a terrible day
* Going up the stairs to the 3rd floor when doctors said I could not even step out of bed
Those are my kind of miracles.
[May 26, 2012]